Gardai launch Operation Thor Winter Phase

first_img Facebook Gardai launch Operation Thor Winter Phase By News Highland – October 5, 2020 Twitter Homepage BannerNews Google+ Pinterest Twitter News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Google+ Burglaries over the winter period fell by an average of nearly 40 percent since the introduction of Operation Thor in 2015.New figures by Gardai show the six-month average number of burglaries was 6,980 from 2015 to date, which is a drop from over 11 thousand for the four previous years.It comes as Gardai launch this year’s Winter phase of the operation, which runs until March 2021. WhatsAppcenter_img WhatsApp DL Debate – 24/05/21 Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Pinterest Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Harps come back to win in Waterford Previous articleCounty Final would be frozen if Level 5 is introducedNext articleMary’s bridge 15 year gap with title win – Captain Bryan McNamee News Highland Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODAlast_img read more

Ronaldinho arrested in Paraguay over fake passport

first_imgRelatedPosts Quadri Aruna leads Africa to World Cup Ronaldinho regains freedom in Paraguay I will see out my contract at Arsenal, Oezil says Brazil legend Ronaldinho has been arrested in Paraguay for allegedly using false documentation to enter the South American country. The 39-year-old, who won the World Cup with Brazil in 2002, was detained in the Resort Yacht & Golf Club Paraguayo along with his brother Roberto on Wednesday night, the Ministry of Interior of Paraguay has confirmed. According to La Nacion, passports were found in the hotel bearing the names of Ronaldinho and Roberto with Paraguayan nationality. Both the brothers remained in the hotel suite overnight, with Paraguayan authorities due to issue a statement on Thursday morning. An official statement from the Paraguayan police had earlier revealed that Ronaldinho and his entourage had been invited to Paraguay by casino owner Nelson Belotti. The former Brazil international was expected to hold several publicity events, with the media invited to witness his interaction with fans and dignitaries. Ronaldinho is currently without a Brazilian passport because of an environmental fine he received in 2018. The former Barcelona star and his brother were convicted of illegally building a fishing trap at Lake Guaiba in 2015 without proper licensing in a permanent preservation area. That conviction saw the duo handed an $8.5 million (£6.5 million) fine in November 2018 and after failing to pay up, Brazil’s Superior Court of Justice decided to stop Ronaldinho from being able to leave the country. Despite being unable to travel out of Brazil, Ronaldinho was unveiled as one of the country’s new ambassadors for tourism in September last year. Literally stranded in his homeland, the former AC Milan star said at the time that he was trying to make the most of his situation after accepting a role to promote Brazil’s tourism. “Tourism is very important for generating jobs and regaining our image internationally,” Ronaldinho said at his unveiling as an ambassador. Ronaldinho enjoyed a distinguished playing career across South America and Europe – winning the Champions League, La Liga, Serie A and Copa Libertadores. He also secured numerous individual honours, including the 2005 Ballon d’Or and the FIFA World Player of the Year in 2004 and 2005. The Porto Alegre-born forward lifted the World Cup in South Korea and Japan in 2002 and won the Copa America with his national team in 1999.Tags: Resort Yacht & Golf Club ParaguayoRonaldinhoWorld Cuplast_img read more

Wenger: We want a good referee Vs Bayern

first_imgArsenal manager Arsene Wenger hopes Norway referee Svein Oddvar Moen will be clever enough to spot any ‘tricks’ in tonight’s Champions League showdown with Bayern Munich to avoid any of his players being sent off in “special circumstances” once again.The Gunners head to the Allianz Arena looking to overturn a 2-0 deficit from the first leg last month, which saw goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny sent off for what was deemed a professional foul.It is not the first time Arsenal have found themselves on the wrong side of calls from officials in Europe.Wenger watched his side play most of the 2006 Champions League final with 10 men, as well as having striker Robin van Persie sent off against Barcelona in the Nou Camp two seasons ago.Midfielder Mikel Arteta also saw red in the last group game of the current campaign away to Napoli – a subsequent defeat which meant Arsenal finished runners-up and so were drawn against the holders.The Arsenal manager hopes history does not repeat itself again on tonight. “We have played a few times with 10 men in Europe and always under very special circumstances – in the Champions League final, now against Bayern,” Wenger said at last night’s UEFA press conference in Munich.last_img read more