Premier League clubs agree to cap away tickets at £30 for next three seasons

first_imgThe Premier League have announced supporters will pay a maximum of £30 for a ticket to an away match for the next three seasons.Member clubs made the decision to introduce the new measures after sustained pressure from fans of top-flight teams to make football more affordable.The £30 cap will run from the start of the 2016/17 campaign through to 2018/19, a period which will see the Premier League teams receive record revenue (£5.14 billion) from broadcasting deals.It will replace the Away Supporters’ Initiative, which was introduced in 2013 and saw clubs individually implement a range of measures, including travel subsidies, reciprocal pricing and reduced admissions as well as improved facilities.A Premier League statement read: “At their last meeting on 4 February, 2016, the clubs unanimously agreed that more should be done to help away fans and, after consideration of a range of options, have now decided to introduce the new £30 maximum price for away tickets.“The £30 away ticket cap will replace the ASI [Away Supporters’ Initiative] as a single, League-wide recognition of the importance of away fans for the three seasons 2016/17 to 2018/19. “ 1last_img read more

‘Five points and it’s done!’ Ranieri now has eye on Premier League prize

first_imgClaudio Ranieri hailed his Leicester City side’s ‘fantastic’ performance against Swansea, but urged his players to keep their ‘feet on the ground’.The Foxes saw off Francesco Guidolin’s Jacks at the King Power to put the Premier League trophy within their grasp.The league leaders need just five more points from their final three fixtures to secure the title and their place in the history books. They could even confirm first place at Manchester United next weekend if Tottenham fail to beat West Brom on Monday.In the absence of suspended striker Jamie Vardy, Leonardo Ulloa netted a double, while Riyad Mahrez and Marc Albrighton were also on the scoresheet as the Welsh side failed to reply.“Fantastic performance,” Ranieri told talkSPORT.“We scored an early goal and played so, so well tactically.“Very concentrated, very focused because Swansea want to build from behind and to move the ball quickly.“We were always in the right position to get the ball. For once it’s possible.“[In Vardy’s absence] all the players gave something more for this match because he is very important.“All the players gave something more.”  After overcoming a wobble against West Ham last week, City are now back on track and, despite Spurs hot on their trail, the 64-year-old says his mind is only on the Foxes.Ranieri continued: “It’s not important.“In my mind, Tottenham will win all the matches.“We have to win five points and it’s done. It’s not easy, but we have to concentrate with our feet on the ground.”last_img read more

Government Strengthening Border Security to Stem Illicit Gun Flow

first_img Minister of National Security, the Hon. Dr. Horace Chang, says that the Government is committed to strengthening border security as part of measures to curb the illicit flow of weapons into the country. Addressing members of the diplomatic community at the Pegasus Hotel in New Kingston, recently, Minister Chang noted that the trafficking of illegal weapons continues to be a threat to international and domestic peace and security. Minister of National Security, Hon. Dr. Horace Chang, says that the Government is committed to strengthening border security as part of measures to curb the illicit flow of weapons into the country.Addressing members of the diplomatic community at The Jamaica Pegasus hotel in New Kingston recently, Minister Chang noted that the trafficking of illegal weapons continues to be a threat to international and domestic peace and security.“Reducing access to illicit guns will stem crime and improve economic outlook and development, so we will properly equip our security forces with the tools needed to secure our borders and protect Jamaica’s people and her assets,” he said.He noted that the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) recently acquired a marine surveillance aircraft and two helicopters that have significantly increased monitoring capacity.Minister Chang emphasised the importance of partnerships between Jamaica and its international partners in the Ministry’s implementation of the National Security Policy, aimed at creating a safe and secure Jamaica by the effective enforcement of law and order and maintenance of secure borders.“Jamaica has benefited tremendously from the support of the international partners regarding security, including the European Union (EU), United States of America (USA), Canada and the United Kingdom (UK). These partnerships, exchanges and scholarships have greatly facilitated capacity building and fostered greater mutual social understanding, which will undoubtedly result in the continued development and progress of our countries,” he said.Minister Chang informed that Jamaica has received grant funding of  €20 million or approximately (J$3 billion) from the EU to fight crime. “Reducing access to illicit guns will stem crime and improve economic outlook and development, so we will properly equip our security forces with the tools needed to secure our borders and protect Jamaica’s people and her assets,” he said. Story Highlightslast_img read more

North and Middle Caicos Residents Demand more attention

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 14 Apr 2015 – Some islanders are feeling a sense of disconnect and exercised no restraint when it came to expressing themselves when Cabinet Ministers and their Member of Parliament turned up for public meetings last week. There was a strong demand for better representation from residents of North and Middle Caicos when the Premier, Minister for Home Affairs George Lightbourne and Member of Parliament for the two islands, Minister DonHue Gardiner met with them on Friday in an afternoon town hall meeting. PTV8 was there, with cameras rolling to capture the frustrations and concerns of residents who say they feel ‘forgotten.’Among the issues, that since December, the District Commissioner has resigned and no one has been hired to fill the post.Minister Gardiner shared that both islands will get its own DC and explained that interviews for the North Caicos District Commissioner will begin soon with the Middle Caicos DC job becoming available this month.It seemed to catch both Minister Gardiner and the Premier off guard that there is no vehicle on the islands for Immigration Officers, despite there reportedly having been a report to the Director. Additionally, North and Middle Immigration officials say there are actually planes landing on the island of North Caicos at the unmanned airport; the Minister said that is not supposed to be happening without proper authorization from the Airports Authority; and yet it is.It seemed to satisfy the residents that there is a budget allocation of $180,000 for Middle Caicos. Related Items:last_img read more

Warnock The Lads gave everything

first_imgCardiff City manager Neil Warnock has praised his players’ performance, despite losing 1-0 at Goodison Park on Saturday.Gylfi Sigurðsson’s second-half goal handed Everton all three points at home, but Warnock is proud of his players and the club fans saying they all gave their best.“I thought we could have got all three points, I told the lads at halftime,” Warnock told the club’s website.“We could have done better in the final third during the first half though.“Overall, it was a disappointing goal to concede, a few little things didn’t go for us today. When you come away from home it’s a bit more difficult to take. It wasn’t a great goal but it cost us the game.“When you look at their last few performances they have been as good as anyone else in the Premier League.Premier LeaguePremier League Betting: Match-day 5 Stuart Heath – September 14, 2019 Going into the Premier League’s match-day five with a gap already beginning to form at the top of the league. We will take a…“So to come here and nullify them as much as we did was pleasing. To stay up we’re going to need to show a little bit more quality in certain areas.“I thought the fans were amazing. Even though we lost the game they stayed to clap everyone off.“We’re all trying our hardest to stay in the best league in the world, and when you have fans like that it’s amazing how they keep lifting the players.“That’s why I’m still managing in my seventieth year – to keep proving people wrong. We’re not going to give up, we had to work hard last year and surprised a few people then.“Everyone came off that pitch after giving me everything, and that’s all I can ask for as a manager.”last_img read more

San Diegans to dial 10 digits for all calls starting today

first_img KUSI Newsroom, May 19, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter SAN DIEGO (KUSI) — San Diegans have to dial 10 digits for all calls — even local ones — starting Saturday.Callers with area codes 619 and 858 will have to enter the area code for all calls. Landline callers will have to dial one first, then the area code and phone number.The change is the result of an overlay of the two area codes approved by the California Public Utilities Commission last year.The 619 area code had been expected to run out of prefixes next year, while the 858 area code was forecast to have about 30 years’ worth of prefixes left, according to the Utilities Commission.As a result, state regulators in April 2017 approved a proposal to remove the boundary between the two area codes.The former area code until Saturday covered the southern half of San Diego County, while the latter covered the northern part of San Diego and some North County cities, including Poway and Del Mar.Existing phones will keep their current numbers, but future phone customers in the newly combined 619/858 zone could be assigned numbers from either area code, regardless of where they live.It’s not the first such arrangement in the region. In 2009, the 442 area code was created as an overlay with 760, which spans from North County to the Imperial and Coachella valleys, as well as much of the Mojave Desert. San Diegans to dial 10 digits for all calls starting today KUSI Newsroom Posted: May 19, 2018last_img read more

San Diego County Grand Jury looking for new applicants

first_img January 2, 2019 KUSI Newsroom, Posted: January 2, 2019 San Diego County Grand Jury looking for new applicants KUSI Newsroom 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek  . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsSAN DIEGO (KUSI) – The San Diego Superior Court is now seeking people throughout the county to serve on the 2019/2020 San Diego County Grand Jury. The Grand Jury investigates citizen complaints and performs its traditional function as a “watchdog” over government agencies. It does not conduct criminal investigations.The 19-member body will work four days a week, approximately six hours a day, from July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020 at the office located in downtown San Diego. A small stipend per day, plus mileage, and downtown parking are provided. All application forms must be received by January 11, 2019. Qualified candidates will be nominated for a random drawing scheduled for June 7, 2019.Candidates must be U.S. citizens, at least 18 years old,  have sufficient knowledge of the English language and have lived in the county for one year prior to selection. All candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check. Individuals meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply.Applications are available by telephone at 619-450-7272 or in person at the San Diego Superior Court in the Jury Services Office at the Central branch, and the Jury Lounges at the North, South and East branches of the court.You may also download an application from the San Diego Superior Court’s website or the Grand Jury’s website. Categories: Good Morning San Diego, Local San Diego News FacebookTwitterlast_img read more

India could save ICC from further washoutsSourav Ganguly identifies possible solution

last_img

2 construction workers electrocuted

last_img

SpaceX Set To Launch Worlds Most Powerful Rocket

last_img