DILG sets 75-day deadline for clearing barangay roads

first_img Dino said that some barangay officials, particularly in Manila City, were not able to clear their roads from obstructions the first time the DILG has issued the same ultimatum a year ago. The Department of Interior and Local Government on Monday said it has ordered officials to clear local roads in 75 days under the second round of a campaign that earlier saw the unclogging of primary and secondary streets. MANILA PIO MANILA – The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) ordered barangay officials a 75-day ultimatum to clear their respective barangays from road obstructions. “Binigyan sila ng obligasyon para i-maintain ang inyong mga kalsada at kung kulang sila sa kagamitan pwede sila magkaroon ng proper coordination sa kanilang alkalde,” he added. On July 29, 2019, the DILG issued Memorandum Circular 2019-121 directing all governors, mayors, and “punong barangays’’ to exercise their powers essential to reclaim public roads, rid them of illegal structures and constructions, rehabilitate them by placing street names and street lights, and carry out strategies to address possible displacement issues.” Interior Undersecretary Martin Dino said in an interview with DZBB on Monday afternoon that the barangay officials who will not be able to clear their jurisdictions, including tertiary roads, could face preventive suspension. “Nakapagpaliwanag na po sa amin ang ilang barangay chairman sa Maynila na bigong malinis ang mga kalsadang kanilang nasasakupan sa sagabal pero hindi kami satisfied,” Dino said. “‘Yung mga barangay official na pabaya sa kanilang nasasakupan ay posibleng mapatawan ng preventive suspension,” Dino said. “Hangga’t walang nasususpinde at walang natatanggal, hindi tayo magtatagumpay sa ating kampanya.” The DILG came up with the memorandum last year after President Rodrigo Duterte said during his State of the Nation Address to clear the major roads from public obstructions./PNlast_img read more

Lofa, Bassa, Nimba, Margibi Share Points in Quarter Finals

first_imgDay two of the National County Meet’s quarter-finals was just a replica of day one with the two matches that many anticipated to be the toughest, ending in goalless draws.In the first match, Lofa County and defending champions Grand Bassa County failed to hit the back of each other’s net with Lofa County missing the best opportunity for goal in the first half.Both Lofa and Grand Bassa counties were reduced to ten men after red cards were given to either side in the 75th and 81st minutes respectively.In game two, an entertaining match between the Mountainous Boys of Nimba County and Margibi County also ended in a goalless draw. Former Montserrado player and highest goal scorer in the last edition of the County Meet David Tuazama pressurized his opponents’ defense and created many chances that were missed by striker Mark Yallah.Margibi County would have secured all three points, but goalkeeper Prince Mawolo of Nimba County saved his team in the early minutes of the second half after he brilliantly saved two one-on-one shots from Jonathan Tokpah, who was introduced in the second half.Nimba later took control of the match after skillful Musa Jabathel was introduced. Jabathel continued his skillful display against Margibi that led to Nimba getting a goal, but was disallowed for an offside.Many supporters of the various counties have meanwhile expressed frustration over the results of the soccer matches that continued to end in draws, attributing them to lack of goal scoring ability of the players.In kickball, Nimba County defeated Gbapolu 7-1 points.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more