PREMIUM‘Blessing in disguise’: Electricity megaproject delay gives PLN breathing space

first_imgForgot Password ? LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Linkedin Log in with your social account 35-GW-Power-Project PLN energy-and-mineral-resources-ministry electricity power-plants economic-growth GDP-growth Jokowi Google Topics : Various in-the-field problems have delayed completion of Indonesia’s ambitious plan to create all 35 gigawatts (GW) of new power plants by 2025, giving the country’s largest electricity company more time to weather a power oversupply.Updated Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry data announced on Wednesday show that only 94.8 percent of the expected power plants are to be completed by 2025. Completion of the remaining 5.2 percent, most of which are coal-fired power plants, is to be delayed by four years from the initial target because of land acquisition, permit and social resistance issues.Despite the setbacks, the energy ministry’s electrification director general, Rida Mulyana, said the delay was “a blessing in disguise” because Indonesia’s electricity consumption had been falling behind the growth expectations imbued in the 35GW project…. Facebooklast_img

About the Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *