“He has a great personality. Bruno really wants to play with us and we are very happy,” Juninho insisted. on the midfielder, for which Atlético de Madrid also bids. In fact, on December 10, the player explained that the rojiblanco club “really has preference (over his signing)”, but already announced that he had “other offers” and that he would value his future. The signing in January by Olympique de Lyon of Brazilian midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, owned by Athletico Paranaense and intended by Atlético de Madrid, is “made at 95 percent,” said Juninho, sports director of the club on Sunday. French. “It’s done at 95 percent. We’re going there to do the final tests. We’re going to see him on Wednesday for his medical check-up. We look forward to announcing it quickly,” he said. after the victory this afternoon of his team against Toulouse (3-0) in the French League.
Javier Tebas, president of LaLiga and Luis Gil, director of LaLiga competitions, met electronically on Tuesday afternoon with David Aganzo, president of the Association of Spanish Soccer Players, and the general secretary of the union, Diego Rivas, to analyze the measures to be adopted in Spanish football in the face of the coronavirus crisis and how they could affect football players. The appointment, by videoconference, comes a day after the employers met with the Federation within the Monitoring Committee to which, curiously, AFE belongs but in which this time it did not participate to decide the suspension of all national competitions’ sine die ‘.The face-to-face, as AS has been able to know, has been very constructive and has been focused on publicizing the plans of the clubs, especially in relation to the request of the ERTE and the proposal for a salary drop in the professional templates, as well as exposing what is the approach of footballers to this situation in which they have been placed as the most urgent solution to mitigate the effects of the crisis. AFE, which in the morning issued a statement denouncing irregularities, asked LaLiga that this be closely monitored in professional football and transmitted that it will not be easy for the clubs to convince the labor authority that the State is going to take over 70% of the salaries of the soccer players because the activity has not stopped. Thebes, for his part, explained the reasons why that the employers announced yesterday that they will support and coordinate the ERTE requests. Even so, it transmitted that, as reported by AS, most prefer to explore other avenues rather than avail themselves of this right. AFE, with the data they have in hand right now, that the ERTE will not reach, in the worst case, more than 25% of the clubs. He hopes that he will not reach even the ten of the 42 professional clubs that compete in First and Second. Aganzo was the one who asked the Ministry of Culture and Sports, the CSD, the RFEF and LaLiga a few days ago to open a direct communication channel in order to keep all Spanish players promptly informed of the steps taken. LaLiga has picked up the glove thrown by the union and has in fact already proposed another new meeting for this week. However, in these conversations he has not cited (nor explained why) the other active union of footballers, Footballers ON, despite the fact that it has around 5% of the representation of the players in professional football and although it has been an actor that it has previously counted on to negotiate, among other things, the women’s collective agreement and other issues regarding improvements of athletes.
Why it is that Monday is so dreaded?Why it is that sincere love lasts till death?Why it is that a black heart knows no peace?Why it is that man desires more all the time?Why do women dearly love so much attention?Why do broken hearts take long to heal?Why it is that Friday is so gaily cherished?Why do lovers adore Valentine so greatly?Why Christmas comes with so many thrills?Why feel alone yet many people surround you?Why independence makes us feel patriotic?Why some people just can’t find real love?Why it is that some people aren’t blissful?Why oh why and it will never fade away?Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Deputy Education Ministers Alton Kesselly (for Research and Planning) and Latim Da-Thong (for Administration)Deputy Education Minister Latim Da–Thong has called on his colleagues in the education sector to work together to improve the country’s educational standard.Da-Thong’s call was contained in a statement he delivered at the opening session of the Joint Education Sector Review involving education officials and partners in Ganta City, Nimba County, on Monday, November 5.“We have come a long way in the education sector, but we more to go, if we want to achieve our goal of providing quality education for every single Liberian child; we should work with our President to achieve his PAPD, under which education comes in the first pillar.”Minister Da Thong, who spoke on behalf of the MOE due to the absence of the Minister, Prof. Ansu Sonii, welcomed the participants to the symposium and encouraged them to work together for the improvement of the education system in the country.He said the review will allow them to see the progress made in the past and also to “open our eyes to the reality of the challenges we have ahead, but these challenges are not insurmountable.”Minister Da-Thong said that in the process, he expects them to look at the prevailing circumstances and carve a new operational plan that should be both inspirational and ambitious in tackling the challenges ahead.Officials from the Ministry of Education are expected to spend at least five days in Ganta, looking at the past and planning other ideas for the betterment of the education system in Liberia.Education stakeholders and other participants at the 2018 Joint Education Sector ReviewThe opening brought nearly the entire senior staff of the MOE together, including deputy ministers, their assistant ministers and the county education officers, representing the 15 counties, regional education officers as well as civil society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders.Representatives from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the World Bank and partners in progress are part of the ongoing review, which is held under the banner: “2018 Joint Education Sector Review” and under the theme, “Quality Education for all: reviewing the gains and planning for the future.”In the Joint Education Sector Review (JESR), all education actors, especially the County Education Officers (CEOs), are expected to make a report, indicating progress and challenges wherein a county working session, the development of priorities to strengthen county education systems will be discussed or formulated.Presentations of thematic areas like Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Development, basic and secondary, teacher education, TVET, governance and management, and higher education will be discussed or looked at. At the close of the review there will be a reading and adoption of the JESR roundtable declaration.The Deputy Minister of Education for Planning, Research, and Development Alton V. Kesselly explained in an overview that the review will be both hindsight and forward-looking; in the hindsight, they will assess progress in the ongoing fiscal year by looking at implementation progress against planned activities and targets, while at the same time they will look at the implementation and recommendations by the previous JESR.They will also review progress in the non-key sector indicators as well as key reforms over the last years to facilitate discussion around relevance and recommendations and recognize counties with high results in learning, access equity and quality as part of the hindsight exercise.In the forward-looking, they are going to review the operational plan for fiscal year 2018/2019 and assess the financing arrangements, availability, government and partners’ commitment and funding gaps for key components of the plan.The ministry will also be looking at review implementation modalities, coordination, and harmonization as part of the forward-looking.However, the Civil Society representative at the occasion, Mr. Anderson Miamen, called on the Ministry to ensure the full implementation of whatsoever that will be planned.He said implementation of the plan remains one of the key challenges the Ministry of Education faces, something he called on the MOE to take into consideration and ensure that anything planned should be fully implemented and full support should be given to the County Education Officers and District Education Officers in the same regard.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
0Shares0000Malawi players train at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on September 10, 2018 ahead of their friendly match against Harambee Stars. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaNAIROBI, Kenya, Sep 10 – After the huge morale boosting 1-0 victory over Ghana on Saturday in a 2019 African Cup of Nations Qualifier in Nairobi, Kenya’s Harambee Stars will look to wind down the international break on a high when they host Malawi’s flames in an international friendly match on Tuesday.The Malawi national team arrived in the country early Monday morning ahead of Tuesday’s friendly. They flew in from Morocco where they lost to the hosts 3-0 in a Group B 2019 AFCON Qualifier tie. The team trained at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani and head coach Ronny Van Leweugden is looking forward for a huge clash against the hosts with his biggest concentration being on tactically preparing his side for next month’s AFCON qualifier against Cameroon.“For us it’s a very important game because we as a tactical panel, we wanted very much this game because next month we play home and away against Cameroon. We come with a good intention to have a good match. We know Kenya will play with a lot of confidence after that victory against Ghana,” the tactician said.Harambee Stars Head coach Sebastien Migne is expected to make changes to his squad, giving rest to most who played against Ghana on Sunday as he looks to see other players in action. Midfielder Ismail Gonzalez did not train with the rest on Sunday but was on the pitch Monday morning.Also unlikely to play against Malawi are Sweden based midfielders Ovellah Ochieng and Eric Johannah.Malawi head coach Ronny Van Leweugden at the Moi Sports Centre Kasarani on September 10, 2018 ahead of their friendly match against Harambee Stars. PHOTO/Raymond MakhayaThe tactician will still have a strong squad to choose from with the likes of Sweden based stars Erick Ouma and David Ochieng set to start, the latter having come on as a second half substitute against Ghana.Midfielder Anthony Akumu and his Zesco United teammate Jesse Were are also expected to be given slots to impress the new coach Migne who has not seen them in competitive play.Meanwhile, Kenya is keen not to let off the feel good factor after beating Ghana and are treating the Malawi tie with just as much seriousness.“It is another opportunity to build on the team because we have a new coach with new philosophies. Such friendly games are important to build cohesion in the team,” Captain Musa Mohammed said.Striker Michael Olunga added; “It is a match that we need to win because also apart from building confidence, it has an effect on FIFA rankings and as a country we want to go up.”The Football Kenya Federation has announced it will lower the gate charges for the tie as a way of thanking fans who turned out in large numbers to cheer on the team against Ghana over the weekend.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
“We’re the best club in Europe, we’re the best club in the world, we’re the best club in history, we are Real Madrid!” shouted the stadium announcer, as the Spanish giants won a record-extending 13th European Cup.The club’s “decimotercera” moved them six titles clear of second-placed AC Milan in the competition’s all-time honours list, after lifting the trophy for a remarkable fourth time in five seasons.Frenchman Zinedine Zidane also became the first coach to win three consecutive Champions League crowns, despite having spent less than three years at the helm.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Real Madrid fans celebrate at the Santiago Bernabeu after the club’s latest Champions League triumph © AFP / GABRIEL BOUYSMADRID, Spain, May 27 – Tens of thousands of Real Madrid supporters erupted in delight at the club’s Santiago Bernabeu stadium after Saturday’s 3-1 Champions League final victory over Liverpool in Kiev.Familiar chants of “Campeones, campeones” rang out at the final whistle after Real fans flocked to the ground to watch the match which was broadcast on eight giant screens at the Bernabeu.
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! Students in the Walnut Valley Unified School District this week will have the chance to participate in “Rachel’s Challenge” a non-violence school program. Rachel Scott was the first person killed at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999. Since that tragedy, her father, Darrell Scott, has worked to prevent school violence. Student and parent programs will be held at the following Walnut Valley schools: Suzanne, Chaparral, South Pointe middle schools, and Walnut and Diamond Bar high schools. The one-hour multimedia presentation is designed to promote positive changes in the way students treat their peers. The assembly is followed by a 45-minute training session, involving adult and student leaders. – From staff reports
1 Yassin Fortune Arsenal have handed French teen sensation Yassin Fortune his first professional contract at the club.The 17-year-old striker only arrived from Lens in the summer but has made an impressive start to life in north London.Fortune has scored seven times in his first 15 appearances for the under-18s side which also earned him a call up to the Under-21 team.Arsenal have high hopes for the rapid forward so moved quickly to hand him a pro deal at the Emirates.
10 a.m.Green Bay at Kansas CityCh. 11 10 a.m.Arizona at Tampa Bay570 1:15 p.m.New England at IndianapolisCh. 2570 1:15 p.m.Houston at Oakland97.1 5:15 p.m.Dallas at PhiladelphiaCh. 4790
Claudio Ranieri hailed his Leicester City side’s ‘fantastic’ performance against Swansea, but urged his players to keep their ‘feet on the ground’.The Foxes saw off Francesco Guidolin’s Jacks at the King Power to put the Premier League trophy within their grasp.The league leaders need just five more points from their final three fixtures to secure the title and their place in the history books. They could even confirm first place at Manchester United next weekend if Tottenham fail to beat West Brom on Monday.In the absence of suspended striker Jamie Vardy, Leonardo Ulloa netted a double, while Riyad Mahrez and Marc Albrighton were also on the scoresheet as the Welsh side failed to reply.“Fantastic performance,” Ranieri told talkSPORT.“We scored an early goal and played so, so well tactically.“Very concentrated, very focused because Swansea want to build from behind and to move the ball quickly.“We were always in the right position to get the ball. For once it’s possible.“[In Vardy’s absence] all the players gave something more for this match because he is very important.“All the players gave something more.” After overcoming a wobble against West Ham last week, City are now back on track and, despite Spurs hot on their trail, the 64-year-old says his mind is only on the Foxes.Ranieri continued: “It’s not important.“In my mind, Tottenham will win all the matches.“We have to win five points and it’s done. It’s not easy, but we have to concentrate with our feet on the ground.”