ING’s €27bn pension fund in the Netherlands has won Best Dutch Pension Fund in this year’s Pensioen Pro Awards in Amsterdam. Pensioen Pro, IPE’s sister publication, granted the award to ING following a vote by a 1,300-strong popular jury, which selected the scheme from a shortlist of three.The jury praised ING’s ability to reduce the chances of rights cuts to nearly zero while still offering a good chance of indexation.Last year, the pension fund saw its funding ratio increase to 133.2%, enabling it to grant full inflation compensation. At the same time, it registered a high level of satisfaction among its participants.The €42bn metal scheme PME took home two prizes, winning the Silver Award for Best Large Pension Fund and the Themed Award for Best Investment Policy.Notarieel Pensioenfonds, the €1.5bn occupational pension fund for notaries, won the Silver Award for Best Medium-sized Scheme and the Bronze Award for Best Investor in Bonds. The €70m Calpam Pensioenfonds, which won the top award last year, landed the Silver Award for Best Small Scheme.The large civil service scheme ABP was given the sustainability prize for its new investment policy, while healthcare pension fund PFZW won the Bronze Award for Best Equity Investor, for its active engagement with pharmaceutical companies. Landbouw, the €13bn pension fund for the agricultural sector, won the Best Real Estate Investor Award, with the jury citing its sustainable property policy.The Algemeen Pensioenfonds KLM, the airline’s €7.5bn pension fund for ground staff, received the award for Most Client-friendly Scheme, citing its efforts to engage with younger participants.The innovation prize went to PensioenPod, an initiative aimed at simplifying the mapping of income and expenses after retirement.Mark de Wijs, director at SPO, the institute for pensions education, was recognised for his contribution to the pensions industry over the past 16 years.
Bay of Plenty Times 19 June 2012It’s enough to make parents blush and wash mouths out with soap. But many have no one to blame but themselves. Nearly 60 per cent of children swear and 42 per cent pick up bad language by age three, a Daily Telegraph poll in Australia has revealed. And by kindergarten, more than 90 per cent of children have said a rude word. Despite the overwhelming majority of parents – 78.4 per cent – actively discourage swearing. Tauranga Region Kindergartens principal Peter Monteith said listening to what adults had to say was how children learned. “So if they hear a lot of swearing they’re going to do it because it’s normalised. You don’t deal with it by out-lawing it. You deal with it by teaching them how to speak appropriately.”… On the Bay of Plenty Times Facebook page, many parents blamed radio commentators for normalising swearing. Others said their children picked swearing up from their peers.http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/news/parents-blamed-for-childrens-potty-mouths/1423116/
The Batesville varsity tennis team defeated the host South Dearborn Knights 5-0 in the opening round of the sectional tournament on Wednesday.Beau Brown, Ben Schwettman, and Spencer Rose won in singles while the doubles teams of Harsh Patel/Paul Ritter and Jonathan Kunkel/Will Harmeyer were also winners.Batesville will play Milan on Thursday 10/1 at South Dearborn starting at 5:00 PM.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Mike McKinney.
RelatedPosts Ighalo: My best moment as ‘Red Devil’ EPL: Crystal Palace stun sloppy Man U EPL: Red Devils attack Palace Eberechi Eze has stated that he is ready to provide Crystal Palace some spark after making his Premier League debut in the win over Southampton on Saturday.The England U21 midfielder – who was introduced from the bench at Selhurst Park to make his first appearance in the top flight – is the most expensive signing Palace have made during Roy Hodgson’s tenure and has been brought in to add some creativity and flair to last season’s second lowest goal scorers. “Yeah of course, it is a great privilege to be at a club like this and be at such a level and be in such a team,” he said when asked if the pressure was something he would enjoy. “There are some really good players here. It is a great platform to show what I can do and prove myself in the big leagues.“The intensity is obviously a bit higher and you can tell that people think a lot quicker. It was more about adapting to that and doing my best to cope.”Eze is quite the creative talent on the ball, and showed as much when his late introduction lifted Palace for a late flurry of chances after Wilfried Zaha’s first half goal had given them a one goal lead.Hodgson, though, likes his charges to be disciplined and hardworking off the ball – something the midfielder has been working on since his time at QPR. On the ball, the former England manager has backed his man to flourish.“I’m expecting him to kick on even further from the run of the seasons he has had with QPR,” said Hodgson. “He’s been a real star in the Championship – everyone has recognised this, and we were not the only that looked at him and thought, this young man is going to be a very good player and we would like to sign him, for our team.“I’m expecting him to work hard and continue to progresses career and show the same level of ability in the Premier League that he has shown in the Championship.”Tags: Crystal PalaceEberechi EzePremier LeagueRoy Hodgson
Press Association Brad Friedel has rejected a claim from fellow American goalkeeper Tim Howard that he attempted to block his move to Manchester United. Veteran Tottenham shot-stopper Friedel is accused in Howard’s upcoming book, titled ‘The Keeper’, of looking to prevent an Old Trafford move going through in 2003. Howard’s book is being serialised by ESPNFC.com, and in it he writes: “The legal team at Manchester United … told me that Brad hadn’t merely refused to sign a statement on my behalf, he had actively tried to block my transfer. He’d written to the appeals committee suggesting that I shouldn’t be given a work permit at all.” Howard, now at Everton, joined United from the Metrostars 11 years ago, at the age of 24, when he was not a regular presence in the United States national team and had to demonstrate he was worthy of a work permit. Friedel told ESPN FC: “I never sabotaged, and I never stood in the way of Tim Howard getting a work permit. This is ludicrous.” The 43-year-old added that he was asked to sign a letter commending Howard’s case for a work permit, but said it contained inaccuracies that he declined to put his name to. Friedel said: “It was sent to me, and the only thing that was true on it was my name. The letter was full of exaggerations that the people on the PFA (Professional Footballers’ Association) and appeals committee would have seen through. “It said that I had been in direct competition with Tim Howard for the starting job on the US national team for the last two years, when anyone who follows (US) soccer knew it was between Kasey (Keller) and I. “Yes, I refused to sign that. We got the letter and said ‘We have to change this, because this isn’t true.’ We made our changes and sent it back. They didn’t like what I was going to sign, so they didn’t use it. And that was the end of the matter.”
The 5-year-old boy who was thrown off a third-floor balcony at Minnesota’s Mall of America earlier this month is “alert and conscious,” according to a statement from his family.The statement further reads, “All praise, glory and honor to Jesus! He saved our son’s life and is healing him in the most miraculous ways. We are so elated to let you know that our son is now alert and conscious and is no longer in critical condition!”The boy was in critical condition following the April 12 incident. He remains in intensive care.The family is hoping he will be released from the hospital by June.They also thanked the community: “The road to recovery remains long, but with God and you, we are assured to make it through.”According to police, the boy fell about 40 feet when 24-year-old Emmanuel Deshawn Aranda picked him up and then threw him over a balcony railing at the mall.Aranda has been charged with attempted murder.Child injured after being pushed or thrown from the third floor at the Mall of America
By Phil McNulty(Chief football writer at White Hart Lane)TOTTENHAM ended Chelsea’s attempt to make Premier League history with a 14th successive victory as the title pacesetters were well beaten at White Hart Lane.Spurs moved up to third place as headers from Dele Alli either side of halftime made the difference to leave Chelsea five points ahead of Liverpool in second place.Alli rose to meet Christian Eriksen’s cross in first-half stoppage time and the same pair combined to put the game out of Chelsea’s reach in the 54th minute.Eden Hazard had Chelsea’s two best chances in each half but Spurs closed out the victory in comfort to put north London rivals Arsenal out of the top four and leave themselves seven points off the top after their fifth successive league win.Tottenham’s season was at a tipping point after a disappointing Champions League exit at the group stage and the poor performance in defeat at Manchester United in early December – but they have responded magnificently.Mauricio Pochettino’s side are gathering impressive momentum, illustrated by the manner in which they overcame a Chelsea side that was starting to carry an air of impregnability.The 4-1 wins at Southampton and Watford served as a warning that Spurs were approaching the sort of form that carried them close to the title last season and this performance confirmed their growing confidence and stature.Spurs have recaptured their intensity and energy and when this is bolted on to the quality provided here by the likes of Alli and Eriksen, it makes them a formidable prospect.Manchester City had already found Spurs too hot to handle at White Hart Lane this season – and Chelsea suffered a similar fate.Alli endured a quiet start to the season, perhaps in the aftermath of England’s debacle at Euro 2016 – but the 20-year-old is firing on cylinders now.Alli’s headed double here made it seven goals his last four games, the third time in succession he has scored twice in a game after doing the same at Southampton and Watford.Pochettino said before the game that he regarded Alli as “the most important player to emerge in English football in recent years”.And here the £5M signing from MK Dons backed up his manager’s confident words with a consummate all-round display crowned by the two towering headers which proved decisive.Alli received a standing ovation when he was replaced in the closing minutes after showing the quality that will make him an integral part of the future of both Spurs and England.Chelsea’s perfectionist manager Antonio Conte and his players will be bitterly disappointed they could not achieve Premier League history with a 14th successive win that would have matched the mark set across the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons by Arsenal.However, they remain in prime position in the title race.They still have a healthy five-point lead over Liverpool in second place and have come a long way since their last Premier League defeat at Arsenal on September 24, a 3-0 loss that left them eight points adrift of then-leaders Manchester City in eighth place. (BBC Sport)
Facebook Twitter Google+ The stage has never been bigger for the Syracuse men’s club ice hockey.On Friday at 9 p.m., the Orange (10-7) will take on West Virginia (7-9) in the Carrier Dome for the first of a two-game series. Friday’s game will be part of the Frozen Dome Classic, the first time hockey will be played in the Carrier Dome and the SU players and coaches are embracing the opportunity as a big step for their program.“I think it’s a once-in-a-lifetime event. I think it’s incredible,” said SU goalie coach John Parks. “That’s why I wanted it for (the players), so they have the opportunity to experience this. It’s in their own Dome.”The team learned that it would be playing in the Dome this past summer. The chance came as the result of a relationship between Parks and the Syracuse Crunch front office.Parks is currently a practice goalie for the Crunch and has been with the team since 2007. He knew about the Frozen Dome Classic when it was still an idea and suggested that the Syracuse club team partake. And after a meeting with SU head coach Nick Pierandri and other team representatives, the Crunch decided that the Orange would be a good addition to the event.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textPart of the event’s planning involved deciding who would make a good opponent. West Virginia, a strong presence in the American Collegiate Hockey Association, seemed to be a good fit.Pierandri said that West Virginia wanted the opportunity for its team, as well. “(Like I said,) in the ACHA there are some really good programs and there are some really good arenas,” Pierandri said. “But this is a showcase type arena for the ACHA that you don’t see anywhere else.”While the Crunch promoted the Frozen Dome Classic with billboards, radio and television advertisements, posters and collaboration with hockey programs in the area, the SU team created a promotional poster of its own for its game that was approved for use by the Crunch. Word of mouth and social media have also helped to spread the word about the game.The Crunch has sold over 26,000 tickets to its game on Saturday night, according to Howard Dolgon, owner of the Syracuse Crunch, and anybody who has that ticket can watch the club team the night before.The environment will be new, but the team plans to prepare for the game just like any other — even though SU’s players will be making history in the same arena where they watch Syracuse’s main sporting events, junior forward and assistant captain JR LaPointe said.“It’s really a special thing to be a part of some of the first (ice) hockey played in the Carrier Dome,” LaPointe said. “So I know it’s certainly going to be one of the most memorable games that I’m going to be able to play in my hockey career and I think a lot of the guys feel the same way about that.”Players are not only looking forward to this game as a memorable personal experience, but also as progress for the program.They hope that the game will increase the awareness and fan base of the team. “I think it’s a step in the right direction,” LaPointe said. “I know everyone that is on this team wants this team to keep rising to that next level and I think that this is one of the first steps to get there.” Comments Published on November 20, 2014 at 12:07 am Contact Kevin: email@example.com
Published on August 28, 2019 at 11:26 am Contact Andrew: firstname.lastname@example.org | @CraneAndrew Facebook Twitter Google+ Less than a week after a coaching vacancy opened up on the Syracuse tennis staff, Jennifer Meredith has been hired as an assistant coach, according to an SU Athletics press release Tuesday night. Former associate head coach Shelley George announced her retirement last Thursday after 12 seasons on staff.“Syracuse has such a rich tradition both academically and athletically,” Meredith said in the press release, “and it’s a privilege to be joining the Syracuse family.”Meredith spent the past three years as an assistant coach at Missouri and helped the Tigers gradually increase their win total in each of those three years from 11 to 14. In 2016, she oversaw Amina Ismail and Bea Machado Santos’ rise to No. 10 in the Oracle/ITA doubles rankings and the first NCAA tournament doubles berth for the Tigers since 2003.Prior to her stint in Columbia, Meredith spent two seasons on Connnecticut’s staff and was a private instructor after concluding her playing career at Tennessee.At SU, Meredith joins a staff looking to fill gaps left by three graduating seniors — Gabriela Knutson, Masha Tritou and Libi Mesh. Head coach Younes Limam has piloted the Orange to three NCAA tournament appearances in four seasons alongside volunteer assistant Len Lopoo and strength and conditioning coach Will Hicks.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textAccording to the press release, Meredith also helped draw some of the first international recruits in the UConn’s history. That aligns with Syracuse’s recruiting trend under Limam. The Orange have only one player on their 2019-20 roster from the United States, compared to eight during the 2012-13 season, previous head coach Luke Jensen’s final full season. And the two freshmen listed on SU’s 2019-2020 roster are from Russia and the Netherlands.“(Meredith’s) work ethic, eagerness to grow and achieve, and passion for the sport will be an asset to our program,” Limam said in the press release. Comments
The team will be headed by 2013 winner Chris Froome but there’s no place for Donegal’s Philip Deignan despite some impressive performances from the Donegal man in recent weeks.Carrick on Suir’s Sam Bennett will lead the Bora Argon 18 squad when the race starts on Saturday next.